What is GPS vehicle tracking?
The Global Positioning System (GPS) is the technology behind GPS vehicle tracking. It is a combination of 27 satellites that send signals to receivers around the world. The signals and their interaction are able to provide information about the location of any device equipped with a GPS receiver. As far as fleet management is concerned, GPS Tracking allows fleet owners and managers to get quick information about vehicles on a map or in the form of reports.
This information can later be matched with other fleet-related information (maintenance, fuel consumption, driver behaviour), combining time and location with other data to provide true fleet intelligence. Powerful insights that help you make decisions for your fleet.
How can I use vehicle tracking to make my fleet more efficient?
GPS technology data is the foundation of a fleet tracking system, such as those built into Transpoco Move and Transpoco Perform. GPS and location data are processed along with fuel card purchases, maintenance and service events, and driver behaviour, and later converted into various reports.
There are a number of very useful reports that you can create and customise to suit your needs. You can choose to track specific locations or areas, trips, activity areas on a map or see where your vehicles are in real time, you can create routes or replay them to optimise your trip planning. These are just some of the possibilities.
UNDER 20 VEHICLESMove Plan
Transpoco Move is a fleet management system based on GPS vehicle tracking technology. It helps you manage your employees' time and progress by instantly monitoring their location.
OVER 100 VEHICLESProtect Plan
Transpoco Protect is an AI-driven platform that uses voice to detect dangerous situations, receive early incident notifications, and take near real-time preventive action to mitigate risks.
Vehicle tracking software that takes care of all aspects of your business
Transpoco fleet management and GPS vehicle tracking software that helps companies align their fleet with their drivers and their business goals. Our system allows our customers to massively reduce fuel costs and optimise time through a complete fleet monitoring system. Check out some of Transpoco's many features here. Visit our pricing page for more information.
1. Realtime location
You always know where your vehicles are, which guarantees driver safety and knows dispatch times:
- 30-second updates: see your vehicles live with frequent updates
- Google Maps Premier: always the latest, up-to-date maps from Google
- Google Streetview: See your vehicle's location down to street level
- Live traffic info: warn your drivers of upcoming traffic issues and reroute them in real time
- Nearest vehicle calculator: see where your next job is on the map and let us tell you the best vehicle to send
2. Driving history
Improve your route planning system, save fuel and time, and increase your productivity:
- Full history available: You can go back to the first day of installation
- Recognise patterns: Pull together weeks of data to identify patterns of wasted miles/fuel
- Export/Import: All data can be exported in standard format for further analysis or imported into other information systems in your company
3. Maintenance management
Establish the perfect maintenance schedule for your fleet and reduce costs and wear and tear:
- Securely record service type, workshop and costs
- Get complete information to create a tailored maintenance plan
- Get a complete overview of maintenance costs and make decisions
4. Complete fuel data
With fuel card and consumption data integration, get a complete overview of consumption and set fuel saving targets:
- You get data on fuel purchases, consumption and targets at the same time
- You have a complete overview of where and how fuel is consumed: You do not have to wait for a monthly bill that only tells you about costs and not causes
- Set fuel consumption targets for individual drivers or as a team and support your team with Transpoco advice to achieve success
- Prevent misuse of fuel and cards
- Reduce emissions and costs
5. Safety alerts
Increase driver health and safety by monitoring hard braking, speeding, and acceleration. Teach your drivers to drive safer and your fuel economy will only improve:
- Monitor dangerous driving behaviour: Speeding, hard braking, acceleration
- Keep an eye on idling
- Raise awareness of how dangerous driving behaviours affect fuel economy
- Get your team driving safely while reducing costs, emissions, insurance premiums and fines, and increasing safety and efficiency
6. Driving competition section
Motivate your drivers by setting up competitions based on fuel economy targets and safe driving styles, creating a culture of safe driving within your team:
- Ranking of drivers: from 4 fueling events, we have enough information to rank drivers' performance, driving style and cost of vehicles
- Competition: drivers are notified of their performance against their target via SMS or smartphone
- Team and culture elements: This form of competition creates a culture of safe driving where all drivers want to shine with their performance
- Results: Drivers keep playing the game. As a fleet, you benefit from continuous improvement, safer driving and lower fuel consumption, while maintenance and insurance costs decrease
Our goal is to provide the most advanced solutions to our customers
From the first GPS tracking system we designed to the development of products focused on fleet safety, we have always strived to provide our customers with the most suitable solution at the most affordable cost.