In the present economic context and in these times of heightened environmental awareness, fuel economy is an ever growing concern for fleet managers and companies whose business is completely dependent on the operation of vehicles.
That’s why we decided to share an infographic created by The News Wheel on that topic and to provide you with 7 of the best fuel efficiency tips. Though the infographic targets car drivers, there are some tips you could actually use as a professional driver, that will allow your fleet to be more fuel efficient and your company to grow: by cutting expenses on fuel and fleet costs, it inevitably follows that there will be more income to invest in the development of your business!
Interested? Then learn how to save fuel by checking out the following tips!
- Make sure you are up to speed on your fleet maintenance:
- 1. Check the tyres of your vehicles, and make sure they are properly inflated.
- 2. Check the state of the engines of your fleet vehicles regularly.
- 3. Check the oil you use: if you use synthetic oil, make sure your oil filters are changed regularly and appropriately.
- Train your drivers toward a more fuel efficient driving style:
- 4. Barring an emergency or having to take evasive action, speeding and harsh braking are definitely unacceptable if you want to reduce your fuel consumption. Train your drivers toward a smoother driving style.
- 5. Idling is also a practice you must avoid at all costs! This will not only improve your fleet’s fuel efficiency but also reduce the carbon footprint of your business.
- 6. Paying attention to traffic signals is also a good way to cut your fuel expenses. In a word—anticipate! By being more mindful of the traffic, your drivers will naturally drive more smoothly and therefore more fuel efficiently.
- Plan your journeys and select the best route beforehand:
- 7. Anticipating your drivers’ journeys is a sure way to cut your fleet’s fuel consumption. By keeping an eye on the traffic, you can avoid the jammed roads—saving fuel and time!
So far so good? Check out the infographic below to learn more fuel efficiency tips!
As you can see, these great tips are there to help cut your fuel bill and they are easy to implement; this is especially true when it’s your vehicle we are talking about. But how can you be sure these directions will be applied across your fleet? That’s where our fleet management software, SynX, comes into play!
With SynX you can:
- monitor driver behaviour and train your fleet toward a smoother driving style;
- receive the live traffic updates and journey reports you need in order to choose the best route possible; and not lose time and fuel in traffic jams, for example;
- be kept up to date regarding your fleet maintenance, receive fuel reports, integrate fuel cards and be notified of idling alerts among other things...
In other words, a totally comprehensive fuel management software system makes for a totally fuel efficient fleet!
Contact us if you want to know more...