Munich Airport has been awarded the Leadership Level together with an A rating in the "Climate Change" category of the Carbon Disclosure Project (CDP) for its efforts in reducing emissions.
CDP is an organisation collecting data on climate change measures taken by companies and evaluating them assigning ratings between "A" and "D", with a total of 8,361 companies around the world submitting data in 2019.
With its A rating, Munich Airport is now included in the top 8% in its category: a score well above the average.
Munich Airport plans to reduce its total emissions by 60% by 2030. The other 40% will be eliminated through what the Munich Airport refers to as offsetting measures - probably climate protection projects in the airport region. The efforts of Munich Airport to reduce emissions translate in an investment of €150M in its climate protection programme. The target is to reach a zero emissions level by 2050 - a resolution shared with Airport Council International Europe in line with the Paris Agreement and the EU climate neutrality target.
Reducing emissions in Airport Handling and Operations is possible - get in touch if you want us to help you with that.