Since the lockdown, the spread of COVID-19 has led to changes in protocols in every activity, with the aim of minimising the impact of the illness and avoiding its spread. Now companies are gradually going back to their activity and will need support in preparing their business to be up and running again in a COVID-19 world. This is why the Health and Safety Authority of Ireland has created a series of resources based on the Government’s Return to Work Safely Protocol.
The HSA resources include:
- A return to work form - to be answered by the employees about to resume work;
- A response plan - establishing worker representatives taking responsibilities for the implementation of security measures and regular checks;
- A serie of checklists for the employer - that aim at controlling the preparation of the company, the induction process that should include anti COVID-19 measures, the improved cleaning and disinfection measures and the eventuality of dealing with a case of COVID-19;
- An employee checklist - with a training purpose;
- A worker representative checklist - to help worker representatives understand their roles.